Monday, May 26, 2014

ZONE CONFERENCE

Well. I've sat through a lot of these in my mission, but now it's my chance to run them.

This is such a turn around. I love this assignment but there are no breaks. Every week until the end of the transfer we have big things going on. This week two zone conferences and a temple trip with the new missionaries. Next week two zone conferences and an MLC plus all the ZTMS. Then two zone confernces the week after and the next week another training. It's going to be AWESOME!

We were hoping/planning on two baptisms this past week but they got postponed till this week. Now our goal is three and there is a good chance we will make it. 

I've got to tell y’all about my new favorite investigator, Craig. He's so funny. He is 56 and has studied with the jdubs for 20 years but he started reading the Book of Mormon and now he wants to get baptized. He came to church, he's halfway done with the book and we just met him last Sunday night. It's awesome. He knows the bible so well but he loves the Book of Mormon because it testifies so much of the Savior. It's been awesome to see him read with an open heart and receive a witness. I love teaching those with real intent.

Last Friday we got to do an hour-long Q&A session at a sisters conference. That was cool. Elder Sharp and I had mics and we just took questions from the audience. It was probably one of the scariest moments of my whole mission - so many women.

Sam at Sisters Conference
I went on an exchange with Elder Puga. He's awesome. It's cool to see how much he's grown. He was a junior companion when I was first his zone leader in Central. Now he's a zone leader! The 'rank' is not the growth, but it's indicative. He is still just as humble but he is now confident which has given him a lot of spiritual power. 

I hope rugby is going well. I wish I could get on the pitch. Go Blackhawks!
I got my 'trunky' packet today. All my going home information. I haven't read it yet. 
We found a lot of new investigators this week. Life is so good.

I love you all so much
Sam
Anthony's baptism on May 17, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment