Follow by Email

Monday, June 23, 2014

It's been an interesting week

It's been transfer week so we spent almost no time proselyting and even less time sleeping, almost literally.  Ill try to give y’all a brief run down of some of the experiences.

Tuesday we 3packed with Elder Calaway and worked on transfers and did an emergency three way exchange. That was crazy. We got back to the office at 10:00 pm and we worked till after 2 am. 

Then Wednesday morning we got back to the office at 8 and worked until 5.  Then we went out and worked a little bit and went to an amazing meeting.  It was a priesthood-training meeting for recent converts and investigators who would soon be ordained priest or elders. It was incredible. The Spirit was so strong in that room as these men discussed how to be priesthood holders and they were being taught by leaders who hadn’t been in the church much longer than themselves! It was a powerful experience. Then Craig had his baptismal interview. He passed with flying colors.

Thursday we trained the new missionaries. It went really well. Then in the afternoon we taught a few lessons and found a bunch of new investigators. Then at night we got back with President and we worked late into the night. Transfers are such an incredible process. It is logical but still very spiritual. We wanted to submit the scenario but we worked in the area in the morning and then we worked all night.

Saturday morning we finalized everything and then we got all the packets and information ready to be delivered. Then we went to Craig's baptism!!!!!!  YAY! (I left my camera in the apt so I’ll have to show y’all the pictures in two years.)  It was an incredible experience. Craig is a navy veteran and a nuclear scientist and he has a testimony of the Book of Mormon.  It was a touching experience to hear him stand before the ward and bear his testimony, born of the Spirit. He's so, so smart but he has so much faith. His love for the Savior is inspiring. Craig has been on of my favorite investigators. I've taught no one else like him.

I love being a missionary.  I've spent the last however long of my life serving others but I’m the one who grows the most.  I think that's probably what Heavenly Father planned. That night we got a call at 10:30 that two sister missionaries had bed bugs so we gave up our mattresses and drove them up to drop them off. Thankfully I didn’t even feel tired. (D&C 84:33.)

Sunday was sad.  All the members said bye and that they'd miss me.  That made me feel good. Then we had a great dinner with the famous Ann Taylor.  Then we spent an hour with Sister Neider.   She's amazing.  Then we drove to California and back to pick up some elders. We didn’t get home ‘til super late and then we woke up at 4:30 to take President and Sister Neider to the airport. That was sad and hard.  I wanted to cry and not let them go.  I love them both so much, they've given me so much guidance over the last two years. I will miss them. But they said many kind words and even gave me a super sweet book.  All today we've been working in the office.  I love getting things done!

I’m just happy!
Life is good
I love you all so much

That's all folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment