Monday, April 21, 2014

Another awesome week

I feel so bad that I don't have sufficient time to write a quality email!
Things are going great.
I've again been so humbled to work with and 'train' so many great leaders. I know that I take more from these exchanges than I could ever give.
My area is interesting. It covers Las Vegas Blvd right beneath the strip. Some parts are more sketchy and others are really, really nice. It's different than anywhere else I've been in the mission, although I have only been in two zones. Hahaha.
Elder Sharp and I have been working out and trying to eat healthy. It feels good to be lifting weights again.
We are teaching a lot of people, humble, humble people. We had a cool experience this week. A family was about to lose their house and everything they had. They owed $550 and had no money and they needed the money by Saturday. In two weeks they were getting a big check for a few thousand dollars. It was Friday when we talked with them. They cried and cried to us and told us their story. It was very humbling to listen to their hardship and know that I couldn't do anything to help. As much as I wanted to help, they were going to be homeless and their life in shambles and not able to get that money. OH man it was tough. We prayed with them. The next morning one of their sister's who had previously said she couldn’t help stepped in and paid the money. I know she was prompted to help. It was a lesson in humility and definitely a symbol for the Savior (he being the man to step in and pay the debt).
It's a huge blessing to be able to work with President Neider, he is so inspired.
Life is good. I'll see you all in two years!
I love you all so much
Sam
Sam and Elder Slik
So this week I was super lucky to get to go on an exchange with Elder Anderson. We had a blast, the picture comes from when we street contacted this guy selling jerseys and we explained to him that we like to wear matching stuff all the time and eventually his heart was softened and he sold us those jerseys to us for 30 dollars instead of 60 dollars (for both). I'm so grateful for your son, Elder Anderson.  You have raised literally an incredible son and he is my best friend. He has helped me to be a better person and been the friend I need. I know that he and I were friends in the Pre-existence. I know you are proud of him and so am I. He has already done many amazing things and he is about to lead our mission to the next level. Thanks for sharing him with me and everyone here in Vegas.
love,
Elder Slik

No comments:

Post a Comment