Monday, June 24, 2013

I'm sorry about last week's email.

I'm sorry about last week's email.
I wanted to write more but I couldn't. I felt super bad about how short the letter was but I really didn't have a choice. 
Thanks for the awesome package. I love it.
Thanks to all for the great letters and emails. I love hearing from all of you. To those who I haven't written in a while, or yet. I'm super duper sorry. Eventually.... maybe.... I haven't forgotten.
These past two weeks have been such growing experiences and soooo much fun. 3packs are the besttttt. We have a blast. 

I don't have too much time sorry!!!!
So this week --
MONDAY! We had a good meeting with Martha. She again said she wants to be baptized. So we are super excited for her. She has made so much progress since she started investigating. She now says that she will definitely get baptized but she just won’t commit to a specific date any time soon. She wants to do it in November which is cool because her family will be here but she is ready now. So we'll see. We are so happy for her. The secret to her conversion was church. She started coming and she's loved it. And she's recognized our patience and she's willing to continue working towards it. That was pretty much the highlight of the day.

TUESDAY!  We had a cool lesson about the Book of Mormon today which was good. We also had some good street contacts. Those simple short moments are some of my favorite. Street contacting is like trying to teach a powerful lesson in a minute but it’s a make or break. If they don’t like it or don’t feel the Spirit they won’t let you back. If they do, they will. It’s just like a new challenge every few minutes. So bomb. Then the highlight of the day was our lesson with the A family. They are set for baptism July 13th!!!!!!! It was one of the most powerful lessons I've ever been in. The Spirit was practically tangible. We went in wanting to talk about baptism. By a fluke they had read 3Nephi11-12. And they had said they felt the Spirit while reading about baptism. Then they started to practically teach us about it. We planned on "hard setting" them but a kid kept distracting Sister A right before Elder Reiley could invite them. She would have to step out right before we'd ask. But Finally we asked and they said yes! Brother A actually came out and said, yeah, I know I need it because my baptism wasn’t valid. Pretty sick!!! They get it. They really understand the Restoration and they have the fire. It makes me think about the broadcast. Sharing the Restoration is the easiest and the most powerful, any member with a testimony of it can share their testimony and spark the interest of a non member. AHHH!! It's so cool. That lesson was incredible. I don’t have time to elaborate on it more. Sister A was crying when she said she wanted to. She said that if she felt ready she'd do it tomorrow. Then she also asked, “What happens when we get baptized?” We started to explain about the gift of the Holy Ghost and stuff but she said, “No, to you all and us?” We said, “Oh, we'll keep coming by,” and she fist pumped really quick and said, “Yes”, super excited. It warmed my heart. :)

WEDNESDAY! We had a sick lesson with a member's friend over some amazing tamales. The nonmember loved the lesson and wants to learn more, she's just scared about what her husband will think. More about her later. When we talked about prophets and eternal families she started to tear up. A little later we had a lesson with the A's children. It was good. Then later we went to a less active's house and gave her and all her children blessings. Hearing her talk about blessings and the importance of faith to her kids made me sad. She has a testimony but she is letting unimportant things hold her back from complete happiness. We did some street contacting a little later. 

THURSDAY! District Meeting was pretty good, probably the best so far. Sister Neider came to it! Then she invited us to her house for lunch! That was fun. And cool. She makes really good food. We sat around her table just giving compliments for an hour. We didn't really get too much done after that but laughed sooo much. 

FRIDAY! Great day. We had a really good planning session. We had a miracle lesson with a former and he opened up and it was super good for him. Not a super eventful day but at night we started exchanges, I got to be with Elder Slik! He's the best. 

SATURDAY! Today was incredible. Elder Slik is like the best. He's taught me so much. He continues to be an amazing example of consecration, faith and great attitude. We had a lesson with a family of people who called us in off the street to teach them about the Book of Mormon. They were super excited. SO were we!!! ES and I talked all day and really caught up bc we've been so busy and haven’t really had time to talk. We had a lot of good street contacts and 2 of them were super interested (English) and the other elders just told me that the lessons we set up went really well!

SUNDAY! We had church which was great as always. Then we did our studies and then we went to the broadcast. It was soooo good. I want to watch it again. And again. Please everyone watch it and study it and learn from it. The Lord needs all of us to step up and work together. There are miracles waiting to be performed if we will just improve our performance. At night I got to interview a woman for baptism, her and her children. We talked for 45 minutes about repentance and forgiveness. It was such a spiritual time. I love meeting with such humble people who really want to make a change, who have come to knowledge of their Father in Heaven and their Redeemer and want to make a covenant of obedience. It strengthens my faith and devotion. I love it.

So that's the bare bones of the week. Sorry I don't have a lot of time.
You are all the best.
Thanks for all the prayers and love and support.
I love you all so much,
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment